RSS

Sencha: Finished!

14 Oct

I finished my silk top! What do you think?

20111014-152702.jpg

I learned so much on this project! I’ve got lots of photos to share, but here are my big take aways from this project.

Sewing with silk is not hard.

My new sewing machine is awesome.

Organdy interfacing is pretty cool.

Blind hemming really requires the same color thread. I only have black and white silk thread, so I made do, but I might re-do it some day.

Fastenings are not always necessary.

I’m sure I’ll remember more when I go through the photos!

I’ll be wearing this to my friend’s puppet show tonight… It’s an adult show called Riddley Walker, put on by our awesome local puppet troupe, Trouble Puppet.

I’m definitely ready to get into trouble!

20111014-154021.jpg

About these ads

8 Comments

Posted by on October 14, 2011 in creations, fabric, new skills

8 responses to “Sencha: Finished!

1. Diana Houlihan (@dgenphoto)

October 14, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Love the color, and the va-va-voom styling of it tucked in the pencil skirt. :)

2. Janice

October 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Wow! It turned out beautifully! I am definitely impressed! : ) I’m just trying to get the nerve to work on linen right now. : (

3. Janice

October 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm

…work on linen and I might add….without a sewing machine! Going on vacation and need something to do, so will try my hand sewing. : )

• kathleen

October 14, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I feel like I did half this shirt by hand, there’s so much hand sewing called for! I love working with linen… One of my fav materials!

4. mujerboricua

October 14, 2011 at 4:33 pm

What a gorgeous color. The Sencha suits you well. I haven’t finished mine. It’s still on the sewing table. But seeing yours makes me want to finish mine soon.

• kathleen

October 14, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Thanks! It was a fun project! If the button holes are slowing you down any, I found that they weren’t necessary. I eliminated all fastenings entirely. Cheating! I was going to put the buttons in, but I couldn’t find five buttons in my box that I liked!

• mujerboricua

October 15, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Skip the buttons? I think that’s a great idea,