In anticipation of sewing my Sencha blouse (another Colette!) I steeled my nerves and bought some silk charmeuse.
So I decided it was time to try something challenging…
This came in the mail a few weeks ago, and after washing two swatches, I convinced myself that I would not, indeed, burst into flames for washing silk in my washing machine*.
So I did.
And I line dried it. Outside. Next to a splintery wooden fence.
Ha Universe! Take that!
It worked so well, that I ordered two more colors… This time from ThunderLily because their colors were so gorgeous… these are designer remnants, I believe.
Be still my heart!
*I have a front loader, which I set on the silk/wool setting, added a small amount of wool/silk safe soap (I hear baby shampoo works, too) and let ‘er rip. Then I took the silk outside on a cloudy day and hung it from the line folded over.